A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research floated the idea that left-handers favour “divergent” thinking, a form of creativity in which the brain moves “from conventional knowledge into unexplored association.” Maybe that explains the surprising number of left-handed business moguls – and what it takes to develop a net worth estimated at $76 billion like Bill Gates!
5 left handed traits that help in business:
- High IQ
- Creative and “divergent” thinking (Research conducted by the American Journal of Psychology)
- Multitasking (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6212972.stm)
- Better memory (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/lefties-may-possess-super/)
- Money making (http://www.pewresearch.org/2006/08/08/male-lefties-have-more-of-the-right-stuff/)
* To the question, “Where does your ambition come from?” Lou Gerstner replied, with characteristic brusqueness, “I have no idea. I’m left-handed. Where did my left-handedness come from?”