Left-handed peelers have the blade cut-out reversed so you can peel towards you left-handed. The best motion for peeling vegetables is to move the peeler towards the body. This is not possible with a right-handed peeler held in the left hand as the cutting edge is facing the wrong way. For this reason, many left-handers have developed a technique for peeling vegetables moving the peeler away from the body, and have the scraped knuckles to prove it!
Special Offers for Left Handers Day:
Left Handed Essentials Set
Normally £30.45, save more than 40% with this special Left Handers Day offer
The “essential” equipment for a safe and easy left-handed life and to show your friends and family what is different about left-handed products. Fully left-handed versions of our most popular products.
- Left handed general purpose scissors with fuly reversed blades so you can see your cutting line and get a clean cut )
- Left handed tin opener with geared rotary action
- Left handed swivel blade peeler
- T pattern left handed corkscrew with anti-clockwise screw
- Pack of 5 lead pencils printed in the left-handed direction with our slogan “It’s a left handed thing… You wouldn’t understand!”
- Silver “tin can” left handed pencil sharpener with 2 holes for standard and jumbo pencils
- Clear plastic left handed ruler 15cm / 6 inch scaled from right to left for easy measuring of lines
- Lefthander’s notepad with the pages glued on the right, 60 pages A6 size 100mm x 150mm (4 in X 6 in)
The products are packed in a good quality zip seal clear bag with an insert giving full product details and makes an ideal present.