Most “normal” knives for right-handers are serrated on the LEFT of the blade – the idea being that the effect of the serrations counter-acts the natural inward (clockwise as you see it) twisting action of the right hand, leading to a straight cut. If a left-hander uses one of these knives, the serrations actually EMPHASIZE the natural anti-clockwise twisting motion of the left hand which leads to the classic “overhanging” loaf or whatever is being cut. All our knives are serrated on the RIGHT side of the blade to give the correct balanced action for left-handers and generally people are very pleased that they can suddenly cut straight!
Special Offers for Left Handers Day:
Left Handed Essentials Set
Normally £30.45, save more than 40% with this special Left Handers Day offer
The “essential” equipment for a safe and easy left-handed life and to show your friends and family what is different about left-handed products. Fully left-handed versions of our most popular products.
- Left handed general purpose scissors with fuly reversed blades so you can see your cutting line and get a clean cut )
- Left handed tin opener with geared rotary action
- Left handed swivel blade peeler
- T pattern left handed corkscrew with anti-clockwise screw
- Pack of 5 lead pencils printed in the left-handed direction with our slogan “It’s a left handed thing… You wouldn’t understand!”
- Silver “tin can” left handed pencil sharpener with 2 holes for standard and jumbo pencils
- Clear plastic left handed ruler 15cm / 6 inch scaled from right to left for easy measuring of lines
- Lefthander’s notepad with the pages glued on the right, 60 pages A6 size 100mm x 150mm (4 in X 6 in)
The products are packed in a good quality zip seal clear bag with an insert giving full product details and makes an ideal present.