1. Ken Toll says:

I’m 66 and I have always used RH scissors Left Handedly – no matter how painful! LH scissors are the best thing since sliced bread (so I don’t have to use a RH bread knife!).

Ken

• david says:

I question a couple of the questions…..I think a left handed person will generally hold a phone in their right hand…..so they can write with their left…think about it.

• Ranveig Randahl says:

I bought a lefthanded breadknife on Everything left lefthanded. Works fine. If I have to use righthanded scissors, I try turning them upside dowwn. This has worked sometimes.

2. zane grant says:

I’m left handed and proud of it. I play Lawn Bowls and they call me Lefty but I’m looking forward to August 13th – its my turn!!

3. alex says:

I am 100% left handed.

My mum said she knew when I started to try to feed myself. She would place the bowl in front of me with the spoon pointing to the right and I would twist the bowl until it was on the left!

I still have to have my phone to my left ear even though I need to write with my left hand.

I use scissors and knives with my left hand even though it knackers them. Tad dangerous trying it with my right!!!

4. john clayden says:

I am 76% left handed, at the age of 77 I am not going to change now, my dear old Mum absolutely refused to let anybody interfere with my being left handed, she was absolutely right too.

5. F J Blackburn says:

I think that if you are facing to your right and looking over your right shoulder, then the ball will hit you on the back of the head!

6. Jan Swanson says:

I have to agree with a lot of the comments here; I am in my 60s and had to learn to use most tools right-handed since that was all that was available when I was growing up. I was also taught most skills such as knitting, sewing,and sports right-handed since no one could teach me how to do it left-handed.

7. Eric says:

That question at the bottom is wrong. Facing right with a bat in my hand the left hand is on TOP not the bottom. I tried it the way it explains and it feels uncomfortable and awkward to swing.

8. Jean says:

Although I am left handed as I have gotten older my hand has been affected by late effects of polio and minor broken bones. Therefore the power in the left hand has given way to the right hand in some areas although there is lack of feeling in right hand due to injury! (Very accident prone).

9. Nina Veale says:

I also disagree with the question about holding a bat. If I hold a baseball bat, my right hand is below my left hand and I am looking over my right shoulder. I am facing to my left and first base is to my right. If I had answered that my LEFT hand was on the bottom then I would have been 100% left-handed, but it would have been an un-natural batting position.

10. Kathy F - says:

The ratings are skewed – most use right-handed scissors because that is the only option available and hand on bottom/top depends on bat or racket – which doesn’t help if most are taught be right-handed people.

I sketch and draw with left, listen to live music with my left side toward stage or singer or speakers, and orientation and sense of direction are better than my less fortunate righty counterparts.