facebook_pixel

1. Gary Pollard says:

I play guitar right handed because they did not have them in the sears book way back when wish i had done the Jimi Hendrix thing or the blues lady that passed away a while back and Doyle Bramhall II

2. Jon Halter says:

I use scissors right handed because when I was young that was the only kind available. (I also used a butter knife upside down and poured from a ladle backhanded!) I golf right handed because my father’s old clubs were that way. But a left hander has an advantage playing this way because the inside arm (the left) provides power and control. I once read that both Sam Snead and Ben Hogan were natural lefthanders.

3. Peter A Warren says:

In the lefty test holding a phone in your right hand and to your right ear allows you to write with your left hand… the question is not a very appropiate guide to leftyness. 🙂

4. paula says:

I scored 84% left handed. I believe this is partially due to having been trained to use a computer mouse with my right hand and the lack of left hand scissors when I was a child. I think a better indicator of whether someone is left or right handed is what they aspire to be and wherein lie their interests. Left handed people generally lean towards creativity and the arts – music, painting, literature, and dance, whereas right handed individuals gravitate more towards analytical thinking involving the sciences and math. This, of course, is a generalization, but observation proves it to be true in most studies.

5. Robert Girard says:

I throw a ball right handed over hand, but when I pitch underhand I use my left. I bowl left handed too. When I was a kid and learning how to play baseball my teacher always put the bat in my right hand instead of my left. I catch right handed too.

6. Janet Mulley says:

I am afraid I don’t agree with your result of how left handed I am. So many things I do with my left hand that you didn’t ask about which would tip the result the other way.

Things I do with my left hand:
    Use a computer mouse
    Use a touch screen
    Wash myself
    Peel an orange
    Use toilet paper (delicate subject but everyone does it)
    Eat out of a packet of crisps
    Press the buttons on a phone
    Clasp my hands together – left thumb on top

There are probably many others that I can’t immediately bring to mind.

• George says:

i am left handed but there are some tasks that I do with my right hand only. Such as a combination lock I don’t know why I just do.

• Kirk says:

Janet; I am with you on toilet paper. The true test of handedness is which hand is used for this everyday process.

7. Nancy says:

I don’t think your test asks vverygood questions. I don’t play baseball andhave limit experience hholdinga bat. What iIdo know is, is when I was young I cut my food with my left hand until my step dad told me not to because I wrote with my right, I continued to write wwithmy right hand but was a left handed sserver as a waitress, wear my watch on my right wrist because it feels better and wipe my counters down with my left. When I wad in grade 4, a teacher thought my penmanship was poor and that I held my pencil wrong in my right hand. She stood over me and corrected my grip for the rest of that school year. I always wondered if my poor penmanship was because I was always a leftie but nobody clued in. My oldest daughter is left handed.

8. Jacqui "Magpie" Graham says:

In the survey I got 40-60%, “mixed handed”. I was born left-handed but my parents encouraged me to use my right hand – possibly because my leftie dad wanted to spare me a life of being “wrong-handed”. (Thanks, Dad, instead you created a right-handed Clumsy Carp!) Public school teachers finished the job. I write, draw, and use scissors with my right, but I am an instinctive leftie when it comes to using cutlery (fork left, knife right); baby-wrangling (right-arm hip balance frees up left hand); and bicycling (left side mount and left pedal start). Recently I had a revelation! I am a novice golfer, and my game sucked until a l-h friend pointed out that I was putting left-handed. He loaned me a l-h club and I immediately hit a long drive straight down the fairway! Since that incident I have started to try other things left-handed: throwing a ball, for example.

• Chris Shortle says:

Finally another lefty like me. Jacqui, the simplest test should be if you’ve ever been made fun of for being left-handed should make you left-handed. Not the case. I work with two lefty and they both don’t recognize me as a lefty. In fact, one of them does everything with her right hand except write. I write right-handed, but play sports with my left. It seems anything that requires strength (sports, opening jars, tools,etc.) I’m left-handed and anything that requires precision (eating, writing, cutting, drinking etc.) I’m right. We are rejected by both groups. And we are not ambidextrous. I still see myself as left-handed because I’m active and that’s what people notice.

9. Kurtis says:

I am mainly left handed, I write, and do most of my activities with my left hand, but when it comes to playing an instrument I play with either hand. This is probably because when I took violin lessons I was strictly thought to play right handed, and over time I got used to it, I can now play violin with both hands.

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Left-handedness test"
  1. […] visit Left Handers Day Official Site #lefthandersday […]